Having a healthy mouth and teeth are important for a number of reasons. Teeth help you chew your food properly, which is essential for digestion. They also help you speak clearly and maintain a healthy smile. Additionally, healthy teeth can help you avoid oral health problems such as tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss. Having a healthy mouth is also important for your overall health. Studies have shown that people with gum disease are at an increased risk for heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and other serious health problems.
Here at Cotteswold House, as well as being on hand to provide our top dental service, we want to give you all the information you need so you can keep your smile at its very best. Regular visits to the dentist will help you stay on top of any areas of concern but it is the habits and routines you follow everyday that have the most impact. These are ten of the best things you can do at home to maintain your teeth and oral hygiene between visits.
- Brush your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes each time.
- Floss and use tepes at least once a day.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a mouthwash that contains fluoride.
- See your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- See your dentist if you have any concerns with your teeth or gums.
- Avoid sugary drinks.
- Avoid eating acidic foods.
- Give up smoking.
Following these tips can help you keep your teeth and gums healthy and prevent cavities, gum disease, and other dental problems. Your dentist will go over these recommendations for you at your checkups – so try to avoid putting off your regular visits so they can spot any potential issues as early as possible.
Now you know how to look after your teeth, here are some of the reasons why this is so important:
- Healthy teeth help you chew your food properly. This is important for digestion, as it allows your body to absorb nutrients from your food. When you chew your food properly, it breaks down into smaller pieces that are easier for your stomach and intestines to digest. This helps your body get the nutrients it needs to stay healthy.
- Healthy teeth help you speak clearly. When your teeth are healthy, they line up properly and fit together well. This makes it easier to pronounce words correctly. If your teeth are crooked or damaged, it can make it difficult to speak clearly. This can make it hard for people to understand you, which can be frustrating and embarrassing.
- Healthy teeth maintain a healthy smile. A healthy smile can boost your self-confidence. When you have healthy teeth that you are not embarrassed about others seeing, you are more likely to smile. Smiling is a great way to connect with people and it can also make you feel good about yourself.
- Healthy teeth can help you avoid oral health problems. Tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss are all serious oral health problems that can be prevented by practicing good oral hygiene. When you brush and floss your teeth regularly, you remove plaque and bacteria from your teeth. This helps to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
If you have any questions about how to look after your teeth or would like to make an appointment, please contact the practice on 01452 524024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cotteswold House Dental Care is a family-owned dental practice that offers a relaxing and friendly atmosphere that can give you complete peace of mind whilst protecting your smile. Our in-house services include general dentistry, children’s dentistry, dental implants and bridges, whitening and composite bonding, advanced treatments such as root canals and oral surgery, Invisalign, and many more. We welcome referrals from other practices as well as self-referrals, and offer direct access for our BlancOne teeth whitening treatment.